4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Provider Recommendations

Unread 04-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
justjoy

Default Qualifications?

Does anyone know what sort of training or qualifications I should be looking for before I go to a laser treatment center? We see the advertisements for people who provide laser treatment, but we also hear the horror stories of burns or scars. Do these providers have to be licensed, trained, etc.?
justjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
SageMother

I have a feeling that most recommendations are by word of mouth. I don't think there are governing boards that can insure that you will be pleased with your results.
SageMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
mbtaluka

I don't think there are any of the laser treatment qualifications but may be we need training in order to start a center for laser treatment. If any kind of problem arises then if someone sues us, then may be there would be a background check as to whether we are trained professionals or not.
mbtaluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
riskey58

I am surprised that they don't have to have any qualifications. I think that it would be safer for you , and all so better for the business.
riskey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
tater03

Surprisingly on another thread somewhere there is no qualifications or certificates given for doing this but I would hope that someone is training them.
tater03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
SageMother

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post
Surprisingly on another thread somewhere there is no qualifications or certificates given for doing this but I would hope that someone is training them.
I am sure that any business wishing to minimize the potential for lawsuits, will train their staff in proper application of the laser.
Unread 05-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
riskey58

Yes I agree I would think that they would have to have some training. Nobody wants a bunch of law suits.
riskey58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
Green-Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater03 View Post

when one is attending the equipment manufacterer's course or another college course, I'm guessing they issue their own certificate. I guess the thread you mention is saying that there isnt a NATIONAL qualification perhaps?

I would want to know how long a course lasted.
Green-Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #9
SageMother

This is something that is overlooked. Most companies that sell this type of equipment have offer workshops on their use. This way, they make sure that their customers are pleased with their purchase.

It also creates a shield against a manufacturer's being blamed for faulty instructions.