4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Dabneycm

Default HELP Excessive swelling on the neck

I just received my first treatment of Laser Hair Removal yesterday. It was pretty painful to say the least while getting the procedure done. Afterwards, I was pretty red, and the doc gave me cold compresses to keep on the skin. I did this for about an hour, then finally the pain completely subsided. (This was around 4pm). Into the evening I noticed a weird feeling around the neck, so I went to look in the mirror. I noticed that my neck had swollen to the point where it was visibly noticeable. It's as if I have a very thick double chin (i don't know if you've seen people with very fat necks). After further examination, I noticed that portions of the swollen neck are numb to touch, and if you run your fingers across the skin, you'll feel lumps in places (sort of like if you ever had a hard nodule in your skin before). It isn't painful at all, despite how swollen it is. Needless to say, I am very concerned about this. I called the doctor this morning, and I'm waiting for a call back. I've taken some anti-inflammatory (tylenol) and i've been using cold compresses. -no change. Usually when something is swollen on my body, it's sore to the touch. This isn't the case, it almost seems as if it's fluid filling the skin on my neck rather than blood. It's weird. I've called out of work, because I can't go in looking like this. Can anyone please shed some light on this? Is this normal or abnormal. Should I be worried?

Last edited by Dabneycm; 04-15-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Dabneycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
Alvasin

If the sore throat is severe, or if you also have stomach pain, a red rash, fever or white patches on the back of your throat, call your doctor right away. Treat less severe symptoms with over-the-counter cold and flu medicines. These include decongestants, antihistamines and analgesics, such as acetaminophen. If the lumps don't shrink within two weeks, or if one becomes very large and tender, see your doctor as soon as possible.
Alvasin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
male, neck, swollen