4 laser hair removal

Go Back   4 Laser Hair Removal Forums > General Laser Hair Removal > Laser Hair Removal for Men

Unread 12-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
jg00

Default After Neck Treatment - Neck Swelling Causing Double-Chin. HELP

I had my first session of laser treatment on the front of my neck about 36 hours ago (Cutera ND:YAG laser was used). Within about 12 hours, my neck had swollen considerably and has not abated so far. I'm not just talking about around each follicle, but my neck now is quite a bit bigger. I have a jiggly turkey-like double chin when I didn't before.

I'm concerned that somehow the laser broke down whatever was holding/shaping/constraining the fat cells in my neck. I'm also concerned that should the swelling subside, my skin may not have the elasticity to tighten up to the way it was. I don't have any trouble breathing or anything.

Is what I'm experiencing a typical reaction to treatment of the front of the neck? Should I be concerned? Will it abate and return to normal?

Last edited by jg00; 12-25-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added info about laser.
jg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

The laser did not break down the connective tissue in your skin. A lot of it is probably psychological, the rest just normal swelling, try a cool compress.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Alvasin

Neck pain is a common problem, affecting about two-thirds of all adults at some point in their lives. There are various treatments available; the most suitable treatment for you will depend on the cause of the pain and how severe it is. For most people, treatment involves a combination of medicines, exercises and relaxation therapies.
It’s important to note that there is limited scientific evidence proving the effectiveness of many of the therapies used to treat neck pain. Your doctor can advise you of the treatments that are most likely to be of benefit to you.
Alvasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
calleighL

Default thanks for sharing

Luckily, I am here again as I thought Iíve lost everything. Now, I am pretty much happy to enjoy your new posts and marvelous ideas on the topics. http://gyrobowlreviews101.com/gyro-bowl-in-stores
calleighL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
gilmal

I did laser neck about three months ago, after the treatment it was evident that the skin reacted to it. Itching, redness, blisters were present for some days.

What I noticed is that the skin became darker than it was before. is this a side effect of the laser? I am applying Retin A cream.
gilmal is offline   Reply With Quote